What happens on an #AdventureHungary Bushcraft Experience?
You’ll have the opportunity to practice what you know and develop a wide range of skills including, but not limited to:
- Selecting the best campsite
- Erecting a variety of shelters including tents, tarps and hammocks.
- Building a natural shelter, which you’re more than welcome to sleep in!
- Identify, gather and prepare a selection of tinders from various sources
- Sourcing fire materials, building fire lays and creating a fire suitable for warmth, cooking and signals.
- Using a fire for cooking whilst trying out a variety of cooking techniques.
- Creating fire by friction (we love to hold a ‘fire by friction’ competition!)
- Make your own bread, laced with foraged wild edible plants.
- Make woodland teas from plants, leaves and herbs that you forage from the forest and meadows.
- Sourcing, collecting, carrying and purifying water (although plenty of bottled water will be available!).
- Knots and rope work including our ‘favourite knots’ for camping and bushcraft.
- Navigating with and without tools during the day and at night.
- Whilst on day and night treks through the forest, we’ll look at moving safely through the wilderness.
- Using a knife and axe safely to process firewood and produce tools.
- We visit a blacksmiths forge in a small Hungarian town where the two brothers hand forge beautiful knives and complete them with fantastic scales made from recycled and sustainable materials.
- Making basic eating implements.
- Using natural materials to make cordage.
Check out our Facebook Page for news and events!
Check out next bushcraft event!